I saw her, she was smiling.  It was not at me though, but her eyes were down, enough to suggest she had seen me first. I smiled at her but she did not lift her head, just hope she did notice me smile at her. We actually walk past each other, talking to the ones accompanying us post lunch. Alas, I saw her smile. Her smile, a smile I had longed for, a smile I was not sure of seeing again. But I did right on the first day in office.

I saw her smile again, this time having the sweets I had gotten in the cafeteria. She was with the same folks she was walking earlier in the day. This time too she did not lift her head. But was smiling. May be she knew the sweets were from me and she enjoyed them or may she was just smiling at something else completely. What's in a smile. Oh well, there is lots in her smile.  

Hope I talk to her once, just once.
0 Responses

Post a Comment